Field Service Technician
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability subject to plan terms.**Yamato currently pays for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30 days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of 5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year
JOB FUNCTION: Assists customers with the installation or troubleshooting of their equipment either by phone or travels to their facility to physically perform these tasks. Makes recommendations for upgrades to improve line performance based on product run.
- Performs all services related to inspections, maintenance, repair troubleshooting, training and start-up of equipment sold to customers.
- Recognizes any problems that might occur during an installation and address them to the customer or one of our engineers to figure out how to resolve the issue.
- Recognizes potential problems with existing equipment and develops solutions with the ability to adapt to various engineering designs, applications, and process criteria.
- Requires vast knowledge of running different types of products on our machinery and ability to recognize problems that may occur.
- Reads and understands wiring and function diagrams while working on equipment.
- Includes up to 90 percent travel time and work on weekends when needed.
- While in the office, answers phone calls and rebuilds customer actuators.
- Conducts training classes and answers customer questions.
- Assumes leadership role during large installations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Trains other company field service technicians. Checks to ensure customer facilities are suitable for installation of our machinery. Manages complex and special customer projects. Works as assigned to cover absences and balance the workload at busy times of the year.
- Associate degree in electrical/mechanical engineering or five to ten years of experience in the installation, troubleshooting and repair of packaging machinery.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a diplomatic and professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of leadership skills.
- Technician must be proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft office.
- Should have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
- Requires a passport to travel outside of the United States.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Technician must also be able lift 50 lb. regularly and work flexible hours based on assignments. Must be able to use standard hand tools and work in small areas. Climb ladder, height tolerance (not afraid of heights). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to operate motor vehicle.
- Above industry standard pay
- Generous time off
- Working with interesting products
- Stable employment
- A clean and safe working environment
- You make the difference