Key Account Manager
Yamato is a global manufacturer of weighing equipment used in the food packaging industry. Yamato has been a successful world leader in weighing for over 100 years. Yamato Corporation, headquartered in Grafton, Wisconsin, supports the sales and service needs of Yamato scales in North, Central, and South America. Yamato Corporation is a subsidiary of Yamato Scale Co., Ltd., located in Akashi, Japan.
Learn more at YamatoAmericas.com
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability subject to plan terms.**Yamato currently pays for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30 days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of 5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER JOB FUNCTION: Sales and promotion of products to defined Key Accounts. Assessment, creation, and implementation of strategies and tactics needed to achieve goals as outlined by Yamato management.
- Responsible for all sales activities related to the list of MNAs (Multi-National Accounts) as identified by Yamato Global Headquarters:
- For MNAs headquartered in North America, the Key Account Manager is the Global contact for all activity with this account and disseminates information to the Yamato Global network. The Key Account Manager is responsible for direct sales calls and relationship building at the corporate headquarters to ensure Yamato is in the most favorable position to win orders throughout the MNA global network.
- For MNAs headquartered outside of North America, the Key Account Manager is the local contact regarding any activity related to the local facility and will coordinate and communicate with the Yamato contact responsible for the Account’s Headquarters.
- Responsible for all sales activity related to defined “Key Accounts” that are headquartered domestically and not part of the MNAs:
- Identify key decision maker(s) personnel for each account both at headquarters and at the local plant levels and develop and enhance relationships through personal sales visits.
- Determine the Term and Conditions (T&C’s) of sale for each account and participate with YCO management in the negotiations to achieve mutually acceptable T&C’s that allows Yamato to gain and accept purchase orders direct from the Key Account.
- Prioritize the purchasing cycles of the Key Accounts and determine the packaging machinery needs of those accounts that are in a current buying cycle and work to put Yamato in a favorable position to gain the business.
- Identify the Key Accounts that are not established Yamato users or currently favor competitive equipment and implement a sales strategy to penetrate the account and close orders with them.
- Maintain adequate contact with the Key Accounts that are not currently in a buying cycle through personal visits, phone calls, virtual meetings, and e-mails to ensure Yamato maintains a favorable position to win business in the future.
- Work with YCO management to achieve a mutually acceptable Non-Disclosure (NDA) and Master Supply Agreement (MSA) with the key accounts when these are required. Coordinate and communicate the NDA and MSA agreements to all YCO department heads, to insure, compliance with these agreements
3. Overnight business travel, expected to be 60-65 percent but will be at whatever level is required to achieve the company goals and sales targets. Domestic and international travel will fluctuate based on business needs.
4. Provides monthly reports, forecasts, trip reports and other information and reports as requested.
5. Updates CRM/ERP with sales activity on an ongoing basis.
6. Participates in sales meetings and project related meetings in person at the YCO offices or by video/teleconference as required.
7. Attends USA and international trade shows as directed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: None.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor of Science degree in business at minimum, Master of Business Administration desirable.
2. Minimum of 10 years of experience in capital equipment sales and preferably in packaging machinery.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-motivated.
4. Computer literate in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
5. Previous CRM or ERP experience required. Epicor knowledge a plus.
6. Requires a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
7. Requires a passport to travel outside of the United States.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift, up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: The above is only a summary of the typical functions of this job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this job may differ from those outlined in the description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of this position.