There is presently one Full-time Firefighter/Paramedic position open in the Grafton Fire Department. The position schedule is a 24/48 with a 56 hour work week. There is a 12 month probationary period. A Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) is required within the probationary period. Benefits include Paid-Time-Off (PTO), extensive Health/Dental Insurance, participation in Wisconsin Retirement System, clothing costs, and other benefits. Contact Chief Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Required Qualifications with Certification/License:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Wisconsin Certified Paramedic or currently enrolled in a Paramedic Class
- Wisconsin Certified Firefighter 1
- Valid State of Wisconsin Driver License
Preferred but not required, additional Certifications, Education and Experience:
- Firefighter 2
- Driver Operator: Pumper
- Driver Operator: Aerial
- Fire Inspector 1
- Emergency Service Instructor 1
- Emergency Service Instructor 2
- Fire Officer 1
- Fire Officer 2
Application Directions and Requirements:
1. Candidate shall fully complete and sign the Village of Grafton Application for Employment.
2. Candidate shall complete and sign the attached Position Overview and Check Sheet; include specified certification copies.
3. Application submittal deadline: Position is open until filled.
This position will be held open until filled. Interested parties should not wait to apply as filling the position is expected to occur quickly. Application and materials can be found on the Grafton Village website and once completed, shall be mailed or delivered to Chief Rice at Grafton Fire Department 1431 13th Avenue Grafton, Wisconsin 53024. Selection process will include application review, oral interview panel, Police and Fire Commission Interview, comprehensive background investigation, and job related health exam.