Engineering CAD Drafter
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability subject to plan terms.**Yamato currently pays for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30 days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of 5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year
JOB FUNCTION: Supports applications engineering and sales group by generating equipment layouts in accordance with customer specifications. Interacts with various departments to complete assignments.
1. Generates equipment layouts in both 2D and 3D formats.
2. Completes custom machine component design work.
3. Assists Applications department with component identification and production estimates.
4. Assists Parts department with component identification and production estimates.
5. Assists with company exhibition preparations.
6. Occasional travel, estimated at less than 10%, to customer sites for project evaluation.
7. Assists with equipment set up and product testing.
1. Associate degree in mechanical engineering or two to five years’ drafting & design experience in packaging machinery or related business.
2. Two to five year’s AutoCAD 2D training and experience.
3. Two to five year’s parametric 3D modeling training and experience.
4. Ability to interact well with others and strong communication skills required.
5. Good organization skills with ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
6. General computer skills required.
7. Requires valid driver’s license and must be insurable.