- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability subject to plan terms.**Yamato currently pays for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30 days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of 5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year
JOB FUNCTION: Generates engineering proposals and performance guarantees based on a given criteria. Manages new machine stocking levels and assigns units to various uses. Coordinates demonstrations and is a subject matter expert for the product line. Is a resource for sales, service, training, purchasing, and engineering. Maintains machine and option pricing.
1. Based on requests for quotes (RFQ), generates engineering proposals and performance guarantees based on desired target weight, speeds, and product characteristics.
2. Evaluates and documents customer samples to assure equipment to be quoted is capable of achieving performance guarantees. Tests product samples for internal purposes in our demonstration area.
3. Corresponds with Yamato Japan to confirm proposals have correct pricing for machinery and parts. Maintains equipment and option pricing within the ERP system. Compares actual costs with estimates.
4. Specifies equipment to be purchased based on customer orders or for units being ordered for stock or demo purposes.
5. Assigns customer, demo, and show equipment based on required specifications and delivery schedules. Monitors age of stock /demo units to minimize obsolete inventory while meeting stakeholder’s requirements.
6. Maintains stock inventory levels and documents history of equipment placement.
7. Coordinate, set-up, run, and document customer/OEM demonstrations in our demonstration area.
8. Works with design group to modify equipment design as appropriate to mitigate problems or optimize performance.
9. Travels to customer locations as required to evaluate operation or remedy performance issues. Estimate 10-20% domestic overnight travel.
10. Assists OEM’s with interfacing as well as optimizing the performance of the packaging machine and scale system.
11. Support Yamato sales and service depts regarding the technical aspects of new product introductions or application specific developments.
12. Provide raw information to training department to facilitate the generation of training materials.
13. Other duties as required.
APPLICATIONS ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Associates degree in electrical engineering technology or equivalent education.
2. 3-5 years packaging industry experience preferred.
3. Excellent communications and organizational skills.
4. Excellent analytical skills, can do attitude, and has a hands-on approach to accomplishing tasks.
5. General computer skills including Microsoft Office products. ERP experience is a plus.
6. Valid driver’s license and insurable.
7. Requires passport to travel outside of the United States.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 50 pounds. Climb ladder, height tolerance (not afraid of heights). Drive company forklift truck when required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to operate motor vehicle.
DISCLAIMER: The above is only a summary of the typical functions of this job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this job may differ from those outlined in the description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of this position.