JOB FUNCTION: The Accounting Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating the general accounting, cost accounting, tax reporting, and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances, and other financial results.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements and all supporting schedules for Yamato Corporation and Yamato Scale de Mexico S de RL de CV. Consolidates U.S. entities and provides financial statements to Yamato Scale Company in a timely manner.
- Determines accounting procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Establishes and manages monthly closing schedule.
- Oversees the preparation of government related reports to include census reports, sales and use tax returns, and property tax returns. Makes recommendations to management on tax consequences of various business transactions.
- Prepares monthly departmental financial statements and all supporting schedules. Provides them to the President, Controller and departmental managers for review.
- Works with public accounting firm to prepare annual audit/review of financial statements. Also provides requested tax schedules to public accountants for preparation of annual income tax returns, including US, Mexican and Canadian returns.
- Presents major projects and programs affecting the administrative departments to senior management. When needed, review legal contracts and other documents.
- Assists Controller in preparing financial reports and presentations for meetings throughout the year with YCO Board of Directors, YMX Board of Directors or the parent company, Yamato Scale Company.
- Prepares annual company-wide and departmental budgets for review by Executive team each year for the upcoming business year beginning in April.
- Ensures all vendor payments are paid accurately and timely. Coordinates the ACH Payment process and submits checks to President or Controller for signature.
- Analyzes and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of the accounting department. Seeks out solutions to streamline processes throughout the accounting function. Continuously reviews accounting and administrative procedures for improvements. Maintains documentation of procedures.
- Oversees administration of employee credit card and travel reporting program.
- Oversees credit management function for all customers based on credit review and in line with the YCO Credit Policy.
- Reviews quarterly calculations by accounting staff for all external and internal commissions. Coordinate payout of these commissions.
- Works with public account firm to prepare annual personal US income tax returns for Japanese expatriates working at Yamato Corporation as needed.
- Oversees treasury management function ensuring sufficient cash is available in the YCO daily operating bank account and excess cash is invested in time deposits or other appropriate secure deposits as directed by the Controller.
- Works closely with Human Resources Manager and benefit providers to ensure all employee benefit programs are funded timely and provides oversight to ensure Yamato is paying appropriate amounts per agreements.
- Presentations to employees, as needed, on accounting-related matters.
- Coordinates monthly presentation of financial information to executive team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: Yes.
1. Undergraduate degree in accounting (BBA). CPA certification required.
2. At least 5 years of experience in general accounting, tax, and audit and at least 3 years of management experience. Exposure to financial consolidations, budgeting, sales and income tax reporting, and cost accounting procedures.
3. Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications. High level of proficiency with Excel is required.
4. Highly familiar with ERP systems. Knowledge of Epicor preferable.
5. Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff and senior management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to write or type. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: The above is only a summary of the typical functions of this job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this job may differ from those outlined in the description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of this position.